The Cloud Connector for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office 365 connects your local corporate line-of-business data (e.g. SQL Server) to your cloud-based or on-premise SharePoint:
* Extends the SharePoint cloud capabilities to existing data sets, that will continue to reside within your corporate network – directly connected to native SharePoint lists in the cloud and always up-to-date.
* No programming or tools required: Setup in a few minutes guided by a wizard. No installation or customizing in the SharePoint cloud required.
* Compatible to ALL SharePoint 2010 offerings: On premise, any hosted, Office 365, sandboxed etc.
100% Microsoft SharePoint 2010 compatible – utilizes the new Microsoft Client Side Object Model CSOM API model for the cloud.
* Secure data connection and transfer: A connection is established only for data exchange – not for general list usage. No direct access to corporate data required from outside. The connector runs where your data resides today - on any server or client inside your corporate network with Internet connectivity per http / https available.
* Almost any data source supported: ODBC, OLEDB, .NET-based providers, files (Excel, XML, CSV), SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, IBM Informix, Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, Active Directory, Navision, Lotus Notes, SAP etc.
* More complex data sources, e.g. web services, custom COM or .NET objects, can be connected using 3rd party add-ons.
* Start workflows or send email notifications in the cloud on data change in your corporate LOB data.
* Add additional “cloud-only” columns, e.g. for ranking, rating, comments or file attachments.
* Years of experience: The connector is based on another very successful product, the Business Data List Connector for SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
You will find a step-by-step sample here: http://www.layer2.de/en/community/F...ce365.aspx