SQL Version 8.00.2065

Last Post 24 Apr 2012 11:25 AM by gunneyk. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PaulMcKibben

--
23 Apr 2012 12:53 PM
What does this version include? I know that it is at least SQL 2000 SP 4. but what else please?

I cannot find any reference to this specific version.

Thank you
gunneyk

--
24 Apr 2012 05:52 AM
I don't see any references to it either so I would have to assume it was a hotfix developed for a specific issue and was not widely distributed. The only way I know to find out for sure would be to call SQL customer support. What exactly is the reason you need to know? There are later CU's available for SQL2000 SP4. And I must say I am sorry you are still on 2000 .
PaulMcKibben

--
24 Apr 2012 06:01 AM
Gunny,

We have 4 instances left that are to be decommissioned by June.

I needed to know because the instances are at that version, and a recent security scan found that the MS09-004 needed to be applied which would put the version at 8.00.2055.

Thank you.
russellb

--
24 Apr 2012 06:56 AM
If you're going to upgrade why not the last cuum update? I did find an msdn forum post where someone else had that version, but like you guys, no reference to it from MS.
gunneyk

--
24 Apr 2012 11:25 AM
Like Russell stated the latest CU should work just fine on top of that and get it up to the latest patches as well. The CU's are cumulative so they contain all the previous fixes and whatever that one was should have been eventually wrapped into one after that.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy