Installing RoportServer 2008 R2 software and it's databases on different computer servers.

Last Post 10 Apr 2012 09:04 AM by rm. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Imran Khan

--
09 Apr 2012 02:17 PM
Hi,

Can you please assist me to install Report Server 2008 R2 on a different computer. I want to install Report server 2008 R2 databases(ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB) on one server and Report Server 2008 R2 on a different Server machine.

Can you please help to list down the steps required to accomplish this task. I have already gone through Microsoft documentation but, it explains it in terms of scale-out deployment with more than one report servers and Network Load Balance software/hardware. I do not have requirement to implement through NBL. I just want to shift report server processing/functionality to another server and dont want to keep it on transactional server of the production environment where I want to have only ReportServer Databases only.

Note: I need this requirement don on both Native Mode and Sharepoint2010 Integrated mode but on altogether different domains.

Your suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thanks.
rm

--
10 Apr 2012 09:04 AM
You don't need NLB here, just run sql2k8 r2 setup and choose RS to install. Then go through RS configuration manager to specify sql server name which you like to put RS dbs on.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy