Newbie Questions

Last Post 17 Aug 2011 09:05 AM by dstoltz. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dstoltz

--
17 Aug 2011 06:27 AM

I'm fairly new to SQL 2008, and really new to SSIS. I'm migrating my databases from SQL 2000 to 2008 using the "copy database wizard" and have been pretty successful up until today, so I have a few questions which I will number throughout to enable easy replies.

When copying a database that has views, I get an error that a table object doesn't exist, blah blah - long story short, I've discovered that it's copying the views before the tables. There's some stuff online I found to set the parameter "withDependancies" to True, and it will fix this problem. But so far, I'm unable to find where to set this in the CDW (copy database wizard).

So, I'm poking around trying to see where this SSIS package actually is, and I can't find anything other than the SQL job that is automatically created by the CDW.

1) So where do I find the setting to tell it to use dependancies? Or is there another, better way to do this?

2) How do I know if SSIS is installed?

3) Do I have to use Visual Studio to create/edit SSIS packages? Or is there some kind of designer built into SQL Management Studio?

Thanks for any help!

Dave

rm

--
17 Aug 2011 08:40 AM
2. SSIS is installed if you see service 'SQL Server Integration Services 10.0' on the machine.
3. Or use SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, it's one of sql tools.

Personally, I always upgrade db with backup/restore. No such headache, much quicker and safer.
dstoltz

--
17 Aug 2011 09:05 AM
Good advice - thanks!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy