Richard Ding's Stored Procedure Solution ??? Help!!!!

Last Post 09 Aug 2011 02:37 AM by kurt. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Lisa

--
24 Jun 2011 06:39 PM
Anyone know how to contact author Richard Ding, DBA?

I was trying to test his interesting, but elaborate, Stored Procedure: "Check SQL Server database and log file size with this stored procedure" from the following website link:

http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.c...-procedure

I ran the 7-page code from the downloaded MS Word doc without any problems.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to run the following command:

USE master;
EXEC dbo.sp_SDS;

My SQL Server 2008 R2 returns the headers without any po***ted data. Does this solution work in the latest edition of SQL Server 2008 R2, or are there any environment changes I need to make? I am new to SQL Server, so I was wondering how best to achieve a po***ted result set similar to Figure 1, where ALL databases are listed after running the above command. I must be missing something...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as the original author, Richard Ding, does not have a valid/current email address.

Please advise.

Thank you.

rding

--
05 Aug 2011 06:28 PM
Hi, Lisa,

Apology for my email address being changed. Please contact me: ding.richard@gmail.com

As for sp_SDS, it should work out of the box on all current SQL Servers (SQL 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/Denali). Quite a few readers contacted me for other help - such as the code got moved to a new line, or data overflown error. If your database is at TB size, replace dec(10,3) with dev(13,3).

Let me know what exact problem you're having so that i can help you out. 

Richard
kurt

--
09 Aug 2011 02:37 AM
Hi all,

I had the same problem today, but only when I didn't pass a database name to the stored procedure.
The problem is the version of 2008R2. It is higher then 10.0. so you have to replace the line
WHEN @@VERSION LIKE '%10.0%' THEN 'SQL 2008'
with
WHEN @@VERSION LIKE '%10.%' THEN 'SQL 2008'
(just remove the last 0 in the 10.0)

Kurt.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy