DB Mail failure

Last Post 17 Feb 2011 07:19 AM by gunneyk. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PaulMcKibben

--
17 Feb 2011 07:06 AM

I recently set up DB Mail on SQL 2008 using the wizard.  The wizard never successfully built the account so I executed the sysmail_add_account_sp to add the account information.  I verified the account and profile information using the wizard. 

In trying to send a test email to myself, I received nothing and the database mail log had the following entry:

===================
Exception Type: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException
Message: Could not retrieve item from the queue. Reason: the list of accounts which could send this mail is empty (probably due to the use of invalid profile).
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.ICommand CreateSendMailCommand(Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DBSession)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information
===================
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o)

I can telnet to port 25 on the smtp server without issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

gunneyk

--
17 Feb 2011 07:19 AM
If the wizard had an error then I would uninstall mail and try to reinstal it again. Who knows what was left undone and the wizard should work.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy