SQL 2008 R2 Feature Pack and Backwards Compatibility

Last Post 21 Jun 2010 10:45 AM by Robert L Davis. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Robert L Davis

--
26 May 2010 08:18 AM
The SQL Server 2008 R2 Feature Pack does not include the Backwards Compatibility pack. I've tested the Backwards Compatibility pack for SQL Server 2008 with R2, and it seems to work with no issues. Customers are asking if this is a certified or supported configuration (using the SQL 2008 Backwards Compatibility pack with SQL 2008 R2)?
keithbu

--
27 May 2010 06:46 AM
The 2008 feature pack's compatability pack works fine for me on 2008 R2 as well. However your question sis alround whether we support it or not. To make sure we answer this correctly we've sent the question back to the product team. We will post and answer in a day or two when we get a reply.

It would be intersting to understand what your requirements are. Clearly you are still using an old component from SQL Server 2005 but want to upgrade to R2 to use a new capability. It seems a little unusual, would be good to know more.
Robert L Davis

--
21 Jun 2010 10:45 AM
A customer (not mine, someone else's) is considering migrating to SQL 2008 R2. I don't know what they are migrating from. They are still using SQL-DMO which requires backwards compatibility feature pack. I am an internal MSFT employee (Robert Davis), so if you want to contact me directly, I can put you in contact with the person who has the customer with the need. He should be able to provide more details.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy