Replication latency problem

Last Post 24 Apr 2010 09:38 PM by trans53. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
trans53

--
24 Apr 2010 07:52 AM

Hi guys,

We have this wierd problem:

We have transactional replication with many publications setup and one particular publication is reporting distribution latency by perfmon counters. But when i look at replication monitor the latency is excellent and replication runs just fine without any issues.

Has anyone seen this problem before with perfmon replication counters? i am wondering if there any bug that i don't know.

This is sql server 2005 instance with sp3 installed.

rm

--
24 Apr 2010 04:40 PM
Did you see unreplacated transaction count in distribution agent details? Sounds perfmon saw that number but they were replicated already when you checked in replication monitor.
trans53

--
24 Apr 2010 06:41 PM

rm, there is something else is going on there.

We have 3 alerts setup in MOM. One for 5 min, another for 10 and 15 mins.
When 5 min alert is firing i check replication and all is good there and then in the next 5 min i get another alert for 10 min (still all looking good in repl. monitor) and in the next 5 min i get another alert (15 min).  

This problem happening for just one particular publication. Another 15 are all looking good. 

rm

--
24 Apr 2010 07:41 PM
Did you validate subscriber in replication monitor?
trans53

--
24 Apr 2010 09:38 PM
Yes, subscriber was completly good.

but i did also run select on  sys.dm_os_performance_counters for delivery latency for these publications and this dmv also reported high value.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy