SQL Server Configuration and Install Settings do***entation Tool

Last Post 23 Apr 2010 04:57 AM by gunneyk. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Amber_Robertsona

--
13 Apr 2010 05:57 AM
Dear all, I need to add the settings selected when SQL Server 2005 was installed and configured to a Server build do***ent. I have searched the internet and found great tools for automatically generating do***ents for the database Schemas and wondered if anybody found a tool which will also do***ent the SQL Server configuration as well. Perhaps something similar to RedGate SQL Doc product.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Amber
gunneyk

--
15 Apr 2010 05:00 PM
I am not sure which settings you are referrign to but you can use the output from sys.configurations to see what the settings are for the instance.
Amber_Robertsona

--
20 Apr 2010 12:44 AM
Hi, thank you for the tip, however I was hoping to find a nice tool which will put this information into a nice word document similar to SQL Doc product.

Regards
Amber
rm

--
20 Apr 2010 04:00 AM
Apex has sql doc tool too, but sql server itself doesn't come with those kind tool.
Amber_Robertsona

--
20 Apr 2010 04:57 AM
Hi, thank you for recommeding Apex Sql doc tools document, however the webiste only has tools which will document information at database level, not server level. I am looking for a tool which will scan the SQL server and provide a list of installed SQL Server components, eg SQLReporting, and how they are configured.

Regards
Amber
rm

--
21 Apr 2010 05:36 AM
It docs server info too, I have it.
gunneyk

--
23 Apr 2010 04:57 AM
This new tool from Quest might have what you want as well: http://www.quest.com/discovery-wiza...ql-server/
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy