AW2008 AW Sample DB Tables installed in MASTER database

Last Post 05 Dec 2008 12:47 PM by talltop. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
talltop

--
04 Dec 2008 07:48 AM
Weird thing happened when I recently installed all of the Adventure Works Sample databases after I installed SQL 2008 Express Edition and that worked just fine but I did notice that it put many of the AdventureWorks2008 user tables in the MASTER database as well! They are all empty and not really causing me any issues so far, but they are still there. That don't seem right for some reason. Has anyone else noticed this after a installing the sample AW DBs from the Microsoft web site? Can these user tables be safely deleted from Master since I don't want that system db cluttered up with user tables? Since these tables have all their referential Integrity currently on them, what is the quickest way to remove all of them? Thanks Travis.
talltop

--
05 Dec 2008 12:47 PM
No, not a true story. You just can't highlight all user tables and delete them in one whack in the SSMS. It is not that easy. First off, I can only highlight one user table at a time, not all of them. Secondly I cannot delete tables with foreign keys all over the place as I stated in my first post. I know the painstakingly long way of accomplishing this, but I was looking for a shorter easier method to get rid of all of these user objects in my Master database. Thanks. Travis.
talltop

--
06 Dec 2008 11:27 AM
No problem, but in the time it takes to do all that I just wrote a little script that walks all FKs and generates DROP CONSTRAINT statements and then it walks all user tables and generates the DROP TABLE statements. I know how to do stuff the long way already, I was just looking for a quick and easier way to do it. Thanks anyway.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy