Top objects monitoring

Last Post 04 Aug 2008 08:17 AM by AlexB_SQL. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AlexB_SQL

--
04 Aug 2008 08:03 AM
Hi,

I use SQL Server 2000, sp4 and I would like to know what are the most used objects and how they are used on a DB.
I tried profiler, but it is showing just stored procedures use, no table or index use.
To test it, I selected a table 5 times, and these selects did not appear on the table where I saved profiler data.
Is there any way to monitor that kind of stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
AlexB_SQL

--
04 Aug 2008 08:17 AM
I have this DB on a logical volume(RAIC 1+0 configuration) that, when I use system monitor do check disk usage, sometimes it show big average disk queue length, nealry 10, far away from the ideal value 2.
I will separate index and data on two different volumes, but I would like to know if there is a specific table( or tables) that could be causing big disk queue length.
AlexB_SQL

--
04 Aug 2008 12:40 PM
OK
I have aknolwdgement about separating indexes on different physical arrays would be useful and using same volume would have no effect.
Should I use profiler to monitor top proc/t-sql consumers? what should I look for, high reads and writes?
If Microsoft put statistics on 2005 to monitor objects, don´t you think that it would be useful find whate objects are most used?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy