DTS Package failed when scheduled with SQL Service runs with local system accnt.

Last Post 20 Jun 2007 02:13 PM by ConKi. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ConKi

--
20 Jun 2007 10:52 AM
Greeting All,
For security reason, the SQL service on the production db server is decided to run on local system account instead of a domain account. I have a DTS package on production db server that execute a stored procedure which retrieve data from a linked server.

On the production server, I set up an ODBC connection that connect to the linked server using domain account and the stored procedure will select data from this linked server.

When I scheduled the DTS package as job, the job failed. But if I reset the SQL Service to run as the same domain account which I used to setup the ODBC, it worked.

The idea is the SQL service on production has to run using local system account.

Please let me know how to work around this issue.

Thanks,

ConKi.
ConKi

--
20 Jun 2007 02:13 PM
Thanks, rm.
You are always there for me. Yes, set up Proxy account using the domain account works even though the SQLSERVERAGENT service runs under Local System accnt. I learned some thing new today. Very appreciate your help. However, do you happen to know any security risk about using this proxy account? I read some where about that but not really sure.

ConKi.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy