Which Replication SUITS

Last Post 09 Jun 2004 09:41 AM by Arshad_SQL. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Arshad_SQL

--
08 Jun 2004 10:05 AM
i am building the scenarion by which the downtime will be 0% for the application, websites and emails. I am making 4 Name Server and 4 DNS, and 2 will run at one location and 2 at other, so if 1 will goes not for any reason power, system crash, harddisk failure or the network problems and all the traffic will automatically route to 3-4 DNS server and that server will run the same thing as 1-2 will.

IMPORTANT: in the backened both with dedicated sql server, so we use 2 server for sql server on local IP's and for outworld with firewall for REPLICATIOn.

For Insert and update ratio is
Insert = 30% / day
Update = 15% / day

The database size is around 1 GB with browth rate of 10% / Week

For this i need the suggestion for what TYPE of replication best for this architecture because there are number of replication types and this make me confused because this is my first experience of replication in the last 4 years, i will not any such project which need this type of replication.

I need any information which help me to apply this professionally with as much details u people send, TIPS, TRCIKS , FAST Track Solution because we have less time to deploy this.

Waiting for prompt reply
Arshad_SQL

--
08 Jun 2004 10:52 AM
rm, my question will remain, all i need is there are 2 different dedicated database server on 2 location and they replicate the data, so if any insert query will run the server 1 will send the data to server 2 by replication either snap shot or the transaction replication.

The question here is : suppose if the DNS 1-2 goes down all the traffic route to DNS 3-4 (this is the normal habbit of the web how website works), problem is if all the traffic at DNS server 3-4 i.e., Sql server near DNS2 server will run the website/application, so if server 1 Automatically starts

WHERE the traffic goes now, i think at DNS server 1-2 i.e., sql server 1 will be used.

and in the backened the previous entries at sql server 2.

How they exchange the data at the same time if one of the server goes down, and how we/sql/website/application know that there are some ENTRIES which not exists in the sql server 1 how this server 1 know this.

Waiting for suggestion still. IF you not get the question propoerly, i will explain in more brief if required, but my question will remain.

Thanks for prompt reply again
Mattbing

--
09 Jun 2004 04:05 AM
Merge Replication would be my advice. This will give you up to the minute data on either server.
Arshad_SQL

--
09 Jun 2004 09:41 AM
i think if the REPLICATIOn wont do this than there no other toll which check the data consistency of the data in the database. Can any one tell me if replication wont do this data consistency then what else is the major purpose of the REPLICATIOn, we cant do these things manually and suppose if one link goes down for server or dns server 1-2 how we know this even occur @ 4:00AM in the morning.

Kinldy suggest me what else to do and i am sure ther is some special setting/configuration which check out the PULSE of the both server @ both end, so if one goes down the secon server check the pulse of server 1, once it will up the data will send by server 2 to server 1 and so the server 1 will be the main server again.

I think none will understand my query, if this is i will explain in more brief.

Thanks in advance again
Arshad_SQL

--
09 Jun 2004 10:43 AM
rm,
i have 2 dedicated sql server A and B.
The server A is the Main server which send the data to server B.
Now the server A is down due to the network of server A is completely down
All the traffic goes to Server B automatically due to Secondary DNS Server set at the register.com
Now for website server B is providing the data for users insert and update all run at server B

NOW Turn to BURN

Server A Network starts, so as set at the register.com the DNS 1-2 responds and traffic will come to Primary Name Servers.

QUESTION
how this Server A will get the new data from SERVER B AUTOMATICALLY. We cant do this manually, if there is the involvement of the manuals things then i think DTS is better than Replication.

How you reply on this scenair, i feel u never get my question if yes let me know i will send u more n more details as much as i can.

Thanks in advance again
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy