import/export wizard

Last Post 18 Jan 2007 06:48 AM by Markus_SQL. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Markus_SQL

--
15 Jan 2007 04:13 AM
I am running SQl 2005 SP1 64 bit on Win2003 with three instances. On INST3 I utilized the import/export wizard to import data from another db into it, saved it and ran it. Now... the problem is that I cannot find where it saved the package... I did a save in SQL Server.... Why is this so difficult ... man in 2000 it was very straightforward in 2005 this is so clunky.
JHunter

--
15 Jan 2007 04:38 AM
Connect to your Integration Services instance in the management studios Ojbect explorer. If you then expand Stored Packages/MSDB you should see your package...

Its not so much difficult as "different"...very different!

Jamie
Markus_SQL

--
15 Jan 2007 05:57 AM
That is what I thought but they are not there. I used SQL Server authentication to save the package.. If I create an NT ID with 'sa' privledges it wont let me log into Integration Services.. access is denied... what am I doing wrong ? Wont giving an ID 'sa' allow it to log into Integration services ???
JHunter

--
15 Jan 2007 06:11 AM
I believe you can only log in to Integration services using Windows Authentication. Have you looking in all 3 instances of Integration Services (assuming each instance has SSIS installed)?

To Edit it you'll need the Business Intelligence Development studio - with which I believe you can only edit filesystem packages (you might beable to export the package when you find it!).

Jamie
Markus_SQL

--
18 Jan 2007 06:48 AM
When multiple instances are used a file called MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml needs to be altered to have Integration Services see that there are multiple instances on the server. Once it has been modified and Integration Services service stopped and started you will see the multiple instances in BI studio and the different packages will show up under the appropriate instance.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy