report server database is a different version

Last Post 24 Nov 2004 07:28 AM by sql-tips. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sql-tips

--
18 Nov 2004 12:45 PM
I am trying to install Reporting Service Node2 on cluster. I get error "report server database is a different version and setup cannot be used for this installation".
sql-tips

--
18 Nov 2004 01:02 PM
This db is already there in that server.When I installed node1 it created the Report Server database. Now I am trying to install from node2 using the same db.
sql-tips

--
19 Nov 2004 07:49 AM
I think this is because SP1 installed from Node1. Do you think that causing the problem.
sql-tips

--
19 Nov 2004 08:00 AM
Where can I find a document of the steps involved for installing RS on cluster environment. I searched so many places I couldn't find any.

Thanks for your help.
sql-tips

--
19 Nov 2004 01:31 PM
I found the problem.
If anyone interested here is the solution. At least so far no problems for me.
The Reason is because SP1 already installed and when service pack installed version of the database changes, if you try to install from another node version difference appears.
Here are the steps I did in the order.
1. Install RS on Node1,
2. Install RS on Node2,
3. Stop IIS and Report Services on both nodes
4. Install SP1 on Node1,
5. Install SP1 on Node2.
6. Configured the reports.

It worked for me, so I came to know that we can install two RS on same database.
sql-tips

--
23 Nov 2004 12:40 PM
rm,
can you please tell what are the steps required to do when node1 fails.
sql-tips

--
24 Nov 2004 07:28 AM
I shutdown the node1. Logged on to node2 and run the report, I get rs not initilized error then i did rsconfig. Error changed to database access denied. then ran rskeymgmt –d. now report is showing up but in the report properties data source and user creditials lost.

Now my question is everytime failover occurs do we have to configure the datasource and user creditials for each report?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy