How can I do a forecast ?

Last Post 24 May 2004 09:08 AM by bigelectricmac. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
amosquera

--
19 Jan 2004 10:49 PM
Hi,

Suppose I have the next data

January February March April May June July August September October November December

unit sold 10 15 30 17 16 14 18 n/s n/s n/s n/s n/s

and I run the query in July, obviously no sales (n/s) are in the next months.

The question is How can I run a query that put into the months with n/s the avg of the other moths.

Thanks.
Alfredu2

--
04 Feb 2004 11:04 AM
I believe I have a tool that can help you out. Please email me directly at eulkloss@olap.com.
bigelectricmac

--
24 May 2004 09:08 AM
I would like to do a forecast too. All the forecasting examples that I have read will not work for our retail company. For example, I want to forecast for the month of December 2004. I want to take last year's (December 2003 and divide it by December 2002) minus 1. This will give me the percent growth from December 2002 to December 2003. Then, I will take December 2003 and add the percent growth to arrive at December 2004 forecast. This very simple forecast will reflect seasonality. I am aware of ParallelPeriod, which will look at December 2003 (12 months ago), when I am looking a December 2004. I also need something to look at December 2002 (24 months ago). Then I can create the formula. The formula needs to be dynamic, not lock down on a single month. I will observe all solutions or workarounds? Help will be appreciated much!

Sincerely,
tclauer@badcock.com
kblock

--
27 May 2004 03:58 AM
use something like this :
(parallelperiod([Date].[month],12,[Date].currentmember),[Measures].[Sales])
or
(parallelperiod([Date].[month],24,[Date].currentmember),[Measures].[Sales])
respectivey, you can then divide to get percent growth.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy