proc cache drop on sql 2005 box

Last Post 09 Mar 2009 01:02 PM by timcronin. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
timcronin

--
09 Mar 2009 08:58 AM
I have a production sql server 2005 active/passive cluster that runs and OLTP app. Forever cache hit ratio at 99, proc cache at 89-90. THis morning all of a sudden user complaints of slowness and proc cache has dropped to 50%. CPU is 28-33 system queue length still around 0. Any ideas where to look?
timcronin

--
09 Mar 2009 11:09 AM
MY idera product showed page life from going from 9069 to 44345. Rebuilt statistics over the weekend
timcronin

--
09 Mar 2009 12:02 PM
Only thing that happened, (and this is a whole other issue). I had another 3rd party app on another server having performance problems, this server had all db indexes rebuilt twice a week, vendor told me to rebuild statistics. i was of the belief index rebuild does this ? I rebuilt the stats on this server and performance problem went away) I tried rebuilding stats on the box I am having problems today over weekend. I am wondering if that was the issue. if it is it would be interesting that in one case rebuilding stats helped in another it casued a problem.. On this current problem box I have rebuilt some key indexes (before this they were all at a low level of fragmentation) and it seems to maybe have worked. THis could be an interesting argument
timcronin

--
09 Mar 2009 01:02 PM
yes autostats on
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy