Changing SQL Service account in Cluster Administrator

Last Post 24 Apr 2008 11:30 AM by talltop. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
talltop

--
22 Apr 2008 07:41 AM
I need to change the SQL Server service and the SQL Agent service from a LOCAL account to a DOMAIN Account. How do I do this in the Cluster Administrator? Can't seem to find where to change these accounts on my cluster. This must be done in the Cluster Administrator, correct?
talltop

--
24 Apr 2008 11:30 AM
No, not on a Cluster, that is different. You must restart the services in a Cluster through the Cluster Administrator. Come on guys, pay attention. Anyway, this is how I did it. First I went into the Services applet on the virtual server and changed to a domain account, but I did not stop/start the services from there, big no no on cluster. I then went into the CA and went to the Primary Node and took it offline and then back online. But that only takes care of the Primary Node. Then you must move the group to the secondary mode and go back to services applet and change the account for it and then back to the CA and repeat above procedure. Finally move the group back to the Primary node and your all done. Bouncing the services or changing the accounts is alot different on a cluster, it's not that simple...
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy