Login access in SQL Server 2000

Last Post 09 Feb 2009 11:24 AM by vfernandezc. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
vfernandezc

--
09 Feb 2009 07:24 AM
Hello, I am having problems with login access in SQL Server 2000. I want to have an SQL Server login wich will be able to access only 2 of the databases in the instance. I created an SQL Login and also created mapped users to 2 existing databases. I think that when connecting with this login to the SSMS, I could not be able to access any other of the databases in the instance, but I can even query them.
I haven´t worked with SQL Server 2000, I´ve only worked with 2005, so maybe there´s something I am missing over here. If you could help me, I would really apprecciate it. Thank you very much in advance.
vfernandezc

--
09 Feb 2009 11:24 AM
Hello. Thank you very much for answering. The login is not in any server role (no server role is checked in the login properties window). What else could be the problem????
vfernandezc

--
09 Feb 2009 11:46 AM
Thank you for your answer, but no, I am positive that I´m connected via the SQL login I created. I did the same thing in an SQL Server 2005 instance and everything went just fine. Could it be some server configuration???? I don´t see anything interesting or different on the SQL Server 2000 configuration, but maybe there´s something I am missing???? Thanks....
vfernandezc

--
09 Feb 2009 01:27 PM
Thank you very much for your help. My problem remains unsolved, but I guess I´m going to try to do this in other server. Tanks again.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy