Changing date parameters for subscriptions

Last Post 12 Oct 2006 10:58 AM by xfonhe. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
YKaeder

--
12 Oct 2006 10:22 AM
I don't see a lot of activity in this forum, so I am not sure if this is best directed somewhere else, but I will give it a try.

I have a SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services report that has a date as a paramenter. The date defaults to tomorrow, but I want to set up some subscriptions that will run the report for a different day. Some of the subscriptions would run for the default date of tomorrow and then I need other subscriptions to pass a parameter for whatever today's date is, but I can't seem to figure it out. The parameter field doesn't seem to give me any options. If is something I could code as a data driven subscription? I also have another report that accepts a date range (start date and end date) as parameters, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the subscription to know how to run the report for last month when I have the default set to something else. It seems like it should be simple, but obviously I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
xfonhe

--
12 Oct 2006 10:58 AM
Data driven subscriptions are the way to go. Books online does a better job of expalining DDS than I can, so I'll direct you there

Once you read the BOL articles & set up a DDS, if you still have questions/problems, post them here.

X
YKaeder

--
12 Oct 2006 12:18 PM
Well of course! BOL knows all (and so do the users in this forum!). Thank you. I had a book with some examples, but I didn't realize how easy this was until you told me that data driven subscriptions would work. Thank you so much! I am embarassed by how much time I spent looking it up and it was so easy. I really appreciate your help.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy