Identity issue in two way transactional replication

Last Post 16 Aug 2006 07:25 PM by bchu1981. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bchu1981

--
16 Aug 2006 07:11 PM
Dear all,

As a further step in two way transactional replication, I want to solve the identity column issue. Because I don't want to set the seed and increment manually (not very scalable or flexible), I choose the automatically assignment of identity value in SQL server. However, as I discover, the SQL server will not reassign a new identity range for a subcription if uses all the identity values in its range. What is wrong?

The setting is the same as my previous setting. Both uses win 2003 sp1, sql server 2000 sp4. Two way transactional replication with immediate updating with queued updating as failover.

Thank you,
Bchu
bchu1981

--
16 Aug 2006 07:25 PM
Add more informaiton. Maybe the system is able to do auto adjustment of the identity range. But it is very slow. And good suggestion to speed up this process?

Thank you,
bchu
bchu1981

--
17 Aug 2006 07:37 PM
hi, rm.
Why do I need to set a seed and increment steps? If I want to change the number of subscribers later, then it is very difficult.

The automatical identity assignment work. But it takes some time.

bchu
bchu1981

--
18 Aug 2006 04:17 PM
hi, rm.
Actually I found out sql server will automatically re-assign an identity range. But it is quite slow and takes around 15 minutes. Andy way to speed up the process?

thank,
bchu
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy