SQL authentication

Last Post 03 Aug 2004 09:24 AM by xfonhe. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rparsons

--
02 Aug 2004 12:04 PM
I have got reporting services up and running fine on a Win XP system and have published a few reports which look great. The problem however is that I am the only that can view them. When anyone else tries to generate a report they get the following error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help

Cannot create a connection to data source 'ARSystem'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

It looks like IIS is not passing the users credentials and I have no clue what to do now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The SQL server is on another machine and the dataset is using Integrated Security.
xfonhe

--
03 Aug 2004 06:49 AM
It's your data source. In Report Designer, configure your shared data source(s)/embedded data source(s) to use an account with access to the DBs.

Best practice = a SQL account in the database(s) from which you build your data sets. The SQL account rather than Windows Authentication allows you to configure caching and subscriptions.

You may consider the account as an application role... it serves the same prupose.
rparsons

--
03 Aug 2004 09:10 AM
That was it. Thanks a lot. I gave the account datareader rights but is public enough without datareader?
xfonhe

--
03 Aug 2004 09:24 AM
As long as public has access to the SPs you call (or can select from the tales) for your data set(s), then you should be fine.

Users never actually use that account directly; only via proxy (again, like an application role). SRS merely applies authorization to reports & data sources via roles... authentication still takes place via Windows (or 3rd party app).

X
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy