Ok...Friday I was starting the process to Manually clean up retention data in our merge replication. I started re-indexing the contents, genhistory, and tombstone tables on the publisher server. That went through fine (all subscribers errored out but that was expected). Once that was done I restarted all subscriber agents and everything was peachy. Now, I ran the sp_mergecleanupmetadata and that's when all hell broke loose. All subscribers needed to be reinitialized and they are erroring out with the message "Waiting for Response from one of the backend Connections" and don't do anything. I can't perform anything on the subscribers because it is bogged down by whatever is going on. If anybody has any info on what is causing this error and how to fix it I would be greatly appreciative. My thought was to just let all the subscribers run with this error and wait it out hoping it will be done running by monday morning.