I am having problem changing Server / Agent service to a domain user account (since i need to setup transaction replication accross network).
After I install MS SQL Server on Window-XP (for testing purpsoe), I tried to change the user account for both Server and Agent. What I did (according to what I read from the message board) are:
1. In Window "Service" from Control Panel, double-clickchange MSSQLServer and change Logon to "this account", which is the domain user account with localAdmin privilege;
2. In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, right-click Server, under "Security", change account to "this account". The account anme and password are the same as in 1);
3. In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, under Management, right-click Agent, and then change account to "this account". The account anme and password are the same as in 1);
I assume this should be working. But after the changings, I can't re-start both Server and Agent. I keep getting 1069 error.
Thank you for your help. You can reply to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org