DTS still getting error exporting to Excel

Last Post 18 Sep 2006 10:24 AM by Lee. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lee

--
18 Sep 2006 08:09 AM
Hi all,
I keep getting:

Executed as user: FSC\SQLLogin. DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: Unspecified error Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine Help file: Help context: 5000000 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Unspecified error Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine Help file: Help context: 5000000 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Everything seem to point to either Jet versions, MDAC, or permissions, but they all look ok on this server. A KB I found said that
JET doesn't install by default with the latest version - could that be it? Runs fine on my workstation, of course!

Thanks,
Lee
Lee

--
18 Sep 2006 09:54 AM
Yeah I've done that and get The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file. This leads me to believe it is the JET or JET sp error.
Lee

--
18 Sep 2006 09:59 AM
Actually it gets this:

Step Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
Step Error Description:Unspecified error
Step Error code: 80004005
Step Error Help File:
Step Error Help Context ID:5000000

logged to the file. Nice descriptor here
Lee

--
18 Sep 2006 10:17 AM
LOL@russellb

Yeah tried that too it's 4.00.9025.0, and I looked that up...should be the latest and greatest on win 2k3 sp1. I wonder if it still requirest the JET service pack?
Lee

--
18 Sep 2006 10:24 AM
I just ran it on the server with my logins and the thing actually worked. Hmmm. So that leads me back to permission on the sql agent, which are supposed to be domain admin. I wonder if he has rights to the temp folder. Doesn't JET cache a file in tmp or temp on c:\ to hold its results to before dumping them? What a beatdown!
Lee

--
18 Sep 2006 01:04 PM
I was thinking the same. I also tried to create an excel file using active-x and got:

Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Step Error Description:Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.Application'

It's got to be permissions - it can't create a file!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy