sp_addmergearticle fails with @force_invalidate_snapshot = 1

Last Post 22 Mar 2006 07:46 AM by redundantman. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lhartsuyker

--
07 Mar 2005 02:39 PM
Using SQL Server 2000 (SP 3a) with Merge Replication I getting an sp_addmergearticle still to fail with @force_invalidate_snapshot = 1. The publication has a suscriber using SQL CE 2.0.

Note below with the error, that it is occuring in sp_mergearticlecolumn. When I examine the sp_addmergearticle stored proc, it is NOT passing the @force_invalidate_snapshot to the sp_mergearticlecolumn store proc. Hmmm. Is there something I am missing here. The documentation is very clear on what to do, it is just that it is not working as advertized.

Thank you for any and all feedback.

The call I am making it :
execute sp_addmergearticle @publication = N'MBMPublication', @article = N'PRC_APPOINTMENT_GROUP', @source_owner = N'dbo', @source_object = N'PRC_APPOINTMENT_GROUP', @column_tracking = N'true', @schema_option = 0x000000000000CEF1, @article_resolver = N'Microsoft SQL Server DATETIME (Later Wins) Conflict Resolver', @resolver_info = N'UPDATE_DATETIME', @vertical_partition = N'true', @force_invalidate_snapshot = 1

The error I am recieving is:
Server: Msg 20607, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_mergearticlecolumn, Line 490
Cannot make the change because a snapshot is already generated. Set @force_invalidate_snapshot to 1 to force the change and invalidate the existing snapshot.
Server: Msg 21198, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_addmergearticle, Line 1144
Schema replication failed.
Server: Msg 20009, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_addmergearticle, Line 1231
The article 'PRC_APPOINTMENT_GROUP' could not be added to the publication 'MBMPublication'.
Warning: only Subscribers running SQL Server 2000 can synchronize with publication 'MBMPublication' because vertical filters are being used.
redundantman

--
22 Mar 2006 07:46 AM
Did you get this resolved? We have run into the same problem apparently.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy