DB Backip file copy problem

Last Post 28 Jan 2010 05:38 AM by Markus_SQL. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Markus_SQL

--
28 Jan 2010 02:58 AM
We have a prod and a test Win2003 servers running SQL 2000 SP4. I backup the prod db to the local HD and then file copy it to the test server then on the test server I restore the db. This has worked great until the last three weeks. Has anyone ran accross this issue? It doesn't make the job fail nor does it write anything to the server log as an error.

I backup/copy a 19 gig db file just fine, the one that fails is 97 gig.

Executed as user: xxxxxx\xxxxxx. G:\bcksql\xxxprod_db.BAKFile creation error - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. 0 File(s) copied. Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.

This is the command:

xcopy G:\bcksql\xxxprod_db.BAK \\servertest\H$\bcksql\ /d /c /y
Markus_SQL

--
28 Jan 2010 05:38 AM
That is what I thought. I already rebooted the non prod server and ran the process again and it failed. Do you think the lack of resources is on the production or non-production server?
Markus_SQL

--
29 Jan 2010 09:34 AM
Thanks I will further seach on this. As a temp workaround I simply am backing up the db to a share on the non-prod server and that gets the job done.
J013-B

--
31 Jan 2010 03:22 PM
Are you sure it is not a problem with free space on the test server the backups are going to? How is the netowrk connectivity between the servers? You could try backing up directly to a network share you create on the test server. That will cut out one manual step for you to have to take care of.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy