Starting an SSIS package with a Foreach

Last Post 21 Mar 2007 06:04 AM by JHunter. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lee

--
21 Mar 2007 05:32 AM
Ok so how do you start an ssis package with a foreach and a wmi even watcher task? I don't want to right click on the package in the management studio or start with a command line window because I don't want either the dtexecui or the cmd window to stay open! Can't this thing run in the background, similar to a service, without having an "exec" window open?

tnx
JHunter

--
21 Mar 2007 06:04 AM
Hi,

You could create an SQL Agent Job with an SSIS step, set it up to automatically start when the sql agent starts (you may have to right click / run the job once). I do something similar using a filewatcher task.

Jamie
Lee

--
21 Mar 2007 08:08 AM
I tried that but it didn't work. I mean, it ran the job, but the SSIS package, notably the WMI task, didn't fire.
SQLUSA

--
21 Mar 2007 11:26 PM
Did you try DTRUN ?

Kalman Toth
SQLUSA: http://www.sqlusa.com/register/
Good SQL Server 2005 Training
Lee

--
22 Mar 2007 06:00 AM
You mean DTSRun? Ok so that's a 2000 thing; i'm using SSIS, in 2005.
Lee

--
22 Mar 2007 10:28 AM
Probably. Already tried - that doesn't work either. If you close the cmd.exe window, it shuts off the package. Essentially, I"m trying to get it to run as a service with no visibule windows. Apparently there is no switch or whatever to allow this - prob better off building a windows service or doing through Biztalk.

Geezsh where are all of the SSIS experts around here?
Lee

--
22 Mar 2007 10:54 AM
Interestingly, I tried that too. The job fires, but the package doesn't run. Something about the WMI and loop combination with the job doesn't work!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy