Cube roles question...

Last Post 19 Dec 2005 06:20 PM by planktonplus. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
planktonplus

--
19 Dec 2005 04:59 PM
Hi All,

I'm struggling with implementing a cube role.

Lets say I've got 2 dimensions, the measures dimension and a dimension for Area. Area drills down into North, South, East and West as an example. Within the measures dimension there is, among others, a measure called "forecast".

The role needs to allow all users access to all members within the Area dimension, the users are allowed to view all measures except for the forecasts measure. You can only see the forecasts within your own area.

I find it easy to implement roles based upon one dimension, eg limiting a specific users access to members within a dimension, and its also easy to limit the visibility of a measure, but how do you combine dimensions into one role ?? Will I have to implement some custom MDX to achieve this, as I cant seem to enable this feature via the roles interface.

Any help would be appreciated, hope your having a great day.

pp
planktonplus

--
19 Dec 2005 06:20 PM

I've decided to split these measures out into separate measures at the database layer rather than attempting to combine these two dimensions into one role. Then I can allow/deny certain roles from viewing the individual forecast amounts, I believe this will give me the result I'm after.

But if its possible to do, please reply and let me know how its acheived.

Cheers,

pp
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy