We have a situation where we want data from a remote location (Win03/Sql2005) to run reports. The Application Vendor has declined any support if we implement any native SQL means of transferring data. (replication, log shipping, etc..)
So this is our test plan.
1) Do a full backup of Remote DB (RDB), db will stay in full mode, doing 4 hr Tlogs.
2) FTP the RDB first to start the process.
3) Restore RDB in Standby mode. (sql2005)
4) Apply Tlogs as they are received via FTP.
5) User can run reports while in this mode.
Any thoughts / suggestions / issues?