sql jobs are started to run twice at the same time

Last Post 28 Aug 2009 06:04 AM by trans53. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
trans53

--
27 Aug 2009 10:56 AM
Hi all,

i am breaking my head here. For some reason after the server restart couple days ago sql jobs are started to run twice at the same time for no reason.
And they are running successfully.
I checked the scheduling for the jobs and don't see any problems and i am sure no one modified the jobs.

This is sql server 2005 sp3 enterprise edition 64-bit.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

trans53

--
27 Aug 2009 11:25 AM
Yes , i checked the job history and they show twice. For example i have a job that does recycle error logs nightly at 3am. the job history show twice and the actual error logs recycled twice at night. The schedule seems good to me. I just did restarted sql services and will monitor tonight to see if this happenes again.
Strange. it's only happening on the nodes for 1 cluster only
trans53

--
28 Aug 2009 06:04 AM
So this is what i noticed and did:

Restart of the services did not helped. As Russell suggested i run the profiler and noticed that jobs are running 1 sec appart from each other.

I checked the job schedule properties for the job again and did not see anything wrong.
Then i start modifying time for the job to see if it will run fine but it's not.
I finally decided to recreate the job by scripting the job, deleting the original and creating the new one.

I did tested this on 3 different jobs and everything seems good so far. So my guess is the scheduling got corrupted somehow or something like this. Still wondering what was exact problem but for sure something was wrong with scheduling.

Thanks guys for your help!
trans53

--
28 Aug 2009 01:06 PM
Nope, everything looked like normal.
chrisjcormier

--
15 Dec 2009 03:53 AM
I am having the same problem - we installed SP3 on a SQL server installation and now some jobs are getting invoked TWICE, starting at the same time, and both running to completion, and now I am reluctant to update another server to SP3 until I know what is causing this.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy