SS2005 Output Parameters & Recordsets in Stored Procs

Last Post 23 Jul 2008 10:00 AM by mgardner2. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mgardner2

--
23 Jul 2008 10:00 AM
While not new to SQL development, I have a need to return both output parameters and recordsets from a single stored procedure call...and I can't find ANY reference specifically anywhere as to whether I can or can't. I'm using Access 2000/VBA/ADO for the application layer and SS2005 on the backend. It seems to me that it should be able to i.e. if you run the SP in SS2005 and pass it appropriate values, it should theoretically return both recordsets & output parameters. But all I ever get is a -1 in the "records affected value" BUT I still get my recordset!...is this a limitation of the Access 2000/VBA/ADO?...or somehow I'm just not structuring my code right for such a call (any suggestions truly appreciated!). Everything works fine if I break out the SP into two separate SPs (one for the parms, one for the recordset). From all the reference material I can lay may hands on it appears as if the answer to my question is "No...you can't...you'll need two SPs". Is this something .NET solves for me (i.e. later versions of dev tools?).

any insight would be appreciated...thx!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy