DTS job fails in SQL2005

Last Post 10 Oct 2007 07:18 AM by UMK_SQL. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
UMK_SQL

--
09 Oct 2007 10:14 AM
When I open DTS packages under legacy systems, it works fine. When I execute the job under sql server agent, it keeps failing w/ the follwoing message. It is currently scheduled to run as an SQL agent service account using DTSRun command. I didn't touch any of configuration and everything has been as it was since the upgrade.

Any idea? There must be someway to run the legacy DTS job w/o migrating to SSIS.

Executed as user: SERVER1\Administrator. DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 17 (11) Error string: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.
UMK_SQL

--
10 Oct 2007 06:12 AM
The package contains the connection to SQL server and Informix db via ODBC.
When I went to the property of this job, the sql server agent service account is the only option to "RUN AS" for the type of cmdExec (operating system) - because it was upgraded from DTS job in SQL2000. I didn't have any problem in SQL 2000 to run the job. If I have to change this service account, how would I do that?

Thanks,
UMK_SQL

--
10 Oct 2007 06:37 AM
I believe so.
UMK_SQL

--
10 Oct 2007 07:18 AM
Sorry for misunderstanding your questions. We are not running both version. SQL2000 was upgraded into SQL2005. What I meant was I didn't have any problem running the job when we had older version. But none of my DTS job ( that has been scheduled from the package) is running once we upgraded into SQL2005.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy