Performance Dashboard Discussion

Last Post 06 Sep 2007 11:53 AM by Jeff Armstrong. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jeff Armstrong

--
06 Sep 2007 11:53 AM
That blog has been very helpful Kevin, thank you. I ran into the "Difference of two datetime columns caused overflow at runtime." error on the second server that I tried using the Dashboard on and immediately fixed it by changing datediff statement in the setup.sql file. Life for us first time Dashboard users would be much simpler if this file was updated in the Microsoft Download.

Now, if I could I'd like to add to this thread with a few questions I have on the Missing Index Report that is part of the Performance Dashboard.

First of all, the report is showing that my database is missing over 400 recommended indexes which to me is pretty frightful!! In this Missing Index Report I see a column called Avg User Impact column which to my understanding, the higher the number, the greater improvement users would see if I were to add the recommended missing index. How is this number generated? I thought it was a percentage at first, but I have seen a few missing indexes with an Avg User Impact of +1300! Is there somewhere that I can find the definition of each of the columns in this report?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy