Access Database To Import To SQL

Last Post 29 Aug 2007 01:46 PM by snoopsterg. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
snoopsterg

--
29 Aug 2007 06:37 AM
Hello all Hope you are all well,

I have a slight problem as i need to import data from an Access database on a daily basis, Now this is not problem, the problem lies in that the database name changes daily.

This is good in a way because there will be no duplicate entries, but bad because the file names always change...

the format of the names are:

'YYYY,MM,DD'

is there a way this can be done with a Script or do i need to do this within DTS as this needs to be schedualed to import yesterdays Data in today Etc

Regards

Steve
snoopsterg

--
29 Aug 2007 01:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, i have already merged my table in an access database and imported the table to SQL, it is the daily import or refresh that i need help with as i need to be able to say something like, look at todays date and find the file that is yestedays date and append the table with this data.

Does anyone think this is possible and if so, any pointers would be great, as once this is done i then have to write a crystal report that looks at this table

Regards

Steve
snoopsterg

--
29 Aug 2007 11:56 PM
Ah, I see sorry, it is just down at the moment.

The daily update is an mdb file that has 1 table, with not very may rows at all. if it overwrote the datafile each day it would be so simple to just have a daily update, but this does dot happen.

Other option is, is there a way that i can create something that will at say 1:00 Am create a new database from all the *.mdb files and Name it say Merge.mdb, i can then create a DTS package that will update only the records that are not in the SQl Database

Or am i just clutching at straws

Regards

Steve
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy