Runtime data source error

Last Post 29 Mar 2007 12:38 AM by SQLUSA. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
hernan93

--
28 Nov 2006 04:35 PM
Hello

I have a defined data source to an oracle server. I've alredy intalled oracle client, and setup my data source to save the user and password. I'm using .NET provider/OracleClient DataProvider Connection. When I click on "Test Connection" Button, SSIS reports SUCCESS. In Connection Manager TAB I created on connection called "OracleServer" from my oracle data source, described above.

In my package, I defined a DataReaderSource task, I specified "OracleServer" as a connection to it. I can preview data and view oracle's columns name..., so it make me think that everything is fine. But when It execute the task it FAIL and notify logon error and that password can't be blank.

Please help, I need read from the oracle server!!

Thank you.
jsuprianto

--
28 Mar 2007 12:16 AM
Hi Hernan93,
I also have problems with SSIS. I try to create package to export data from SQL Server into Oracle database.
First, I have create Connection Manager, Conn1(SQL Server) and Conn2 (for Oracle - using ADO.NET Provider).
But when I drag Data Destination into Data Flow Task, I can't set the connection manager that i have create (Conn2). Could you please advise, how to solve it ?

Thank you very much for your attention and any comments will be appreciated.

Salam,
Joko
SQLUSA

--
29 Mar 2007 12:38 AM
Is this issue related to the Oracle destination? Can you create a SQL Server destination?

Kalman Toth
SQL Server Training - http://www.sqlusa.com
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy