Invalid object name 'master.dbo.sysxlogins'

Last Post 26 Jul 2007 09:48 AM by DinoZ. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DinoZ

--
25 Jul 2007 09:57 AM
We are in the process of upgrading to SQL 2005. When a user logs on to one of our custom apps the application runs the following code to find out if the person already exists or not: SELECT count(*) FROM master.dbo.sysxlogins WHERE name = 'username'. When we try to connect to the sql 2005 environment we receive this message: Invalid object name 'master.dbo.sysxlogins' because the master sysxlogins database no longer exists and has been replaced by the view.

Does anyone know a way to fix this code: SELECT count(*) FROM master.dbo.sysxlogins WHERE name = 'username'

Thanks.
DinoZ

--
26 Jul 2007 07:28 AM
I tried this but I still get the following: select * from sys.sysxlogins and still get the Invalid object name 'sys.sysxlogins'. error message. I am logged on with a sysadmin role.
DinoZ

--
26 Jul 2007 07:29 AM
OK well that's embarassing... I took out the x from sysxlogins and it works fine... imagine that. Sorry about that. Thanks for your help!
DinoZ

--
26 Jul 2007 09:48 AM
What I ended up doing is I created a view called dbo.sysxlogins that selects * from sys.syslogins. Works like a charm!

Thanks for all the help.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy