Syntax error in transactional replication

Last Post 18 May 2004 09:59 PM by marchant. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rev_SQL
New Member
New Member

--
18 May 2004 03:10 PM
Folks,
I'm having some trouble with transactional replication. I get the following error message. I believe it's caused by the spaces in the table names and the procedures created for them, in this case [fund class]. Any ideas would be appreciated...

Syntax error or access violation
(Source: EXD-SQL003 (ODBC); Error number: 37000)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{CALL sp_MSins_Fund Class ({5D2D5107-06D3-4871-A730-D9B2F0CF7F6F}, N'2D06', N'R', NULL, 'USD', NULL, 'dxxxx\alex', 2004-05-17 14:40:00.187, NULL, NULL)}
marchant
New Member
New Member

--
18 May 2004 09:59 PM
Hi David,

I've got the exact same problem and can't find a way round it. I played around with putting square brackets round the name of the sp_MSins... stored procedures and table names, but it did'nt work.

I'm still searching the web for answers and will let you know if I find something.

Good luck !

Cheers
Marchant
marchant
New Member
New Member

--
18 May 2004 11:56 PM
Hi,

I found a solution.

Step 1 :
Go to your destination database and rename the stored procedures (sp_MSins...) with square brackets [] at both ends. Also put these square brackets [] inside the stored procedure where the name is referrenced again.

Step 2 :
Go to the Articles tab in your publication and when you "click" on your selected table you are replicating go to the Commands tab and put square brackets around your stored procedure names.

Step 3:
Reinitilize and it will work.

Cheers
Marchant
marchant
New Member
New Member

--
20 May 2004 01:23 AM
Hi,

The solution I thought I found, did'nt work !

The problem is that when you add square brackets to both ends of the sp name, that when the replication runs, it returns an error which states that it could'nt find the sp with that name.

So, I removed the [] from both ends of the sp name and added an underscore "_" where ever there was a space in the sp name.

This is working so far !

Thanks
Marchant
Rev_SQL
New Member
New Member

--
20 May 2004 06:17 AM
Yes, I tried the proposed solution and came up with the same results you did. One of the other folks on my team suggested the underscore replacement for the space. We got good result with that one. Thanks for your help. You got us on the right track.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy