Replication Script

Last Post 18 May 2004 01:44 PM by bryanmurtha. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bryanmurtha

--
17 May 2004 09:01 AM
Hello,

I am setting up replication and I have used EM for this but I don't feel like I know it well enough setting it up this way. I was curious if anybody has a script for transactional replication. Or any type really. Just to use as a starting point.

Thanks,
Bryan
satya

--
17 May 2004 11:33 PM
To script replication stored procedures, navigate to the replication/publications folder on the publisher. Right-click the desired publication and choose Generate SQL script.

Choose Tools, Replication, Generate SQL Script on the distribution server, we get a slightly different dialog box that allows us to generate replication scripts as well.
bryanmurtha

--
18 May 2004 07:43 AM
Hey thanks both,

I understand things a lot more now. My script still is not working because I've toyed around with it too much. When I complete the script I will post it for future reference of others.

Regards,
Bryan
bryanmurtha

--
18 May 2004 07:51 AM
Just one quick one though, when I run the script through Query Analyizer I get:

Warning: The table 'MSsubscription_properties' has been created but its maximum row size (8361) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.
Warning: The table '#olddata' has been created but its maximum row size (9081) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.
Warning: The table 'MSreplication_queue' has been created but its maximum row size (9081) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Is this a big deal? Does this always happen and just nothing is reported when you do it in EM? Please let me know.

Regards,
Bryan
bryanmurtha

--
18 May 2004 01:44 PM
Does anybody know what this proc does:

sp_MSupdate_agenttype_default @profile_id = 1
GO
sp_MSupdate_agenttype_default @profile_id = 2
GO
sp_MSupdate_agenttype_default @profile_id = 4
GO