Retention Period Cleanup

Last Post 28 Apr 2004 01:41 PM by Mattbing. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mattbing

--
28 Apr 2004 01:41 PM
Afternoon Everybody.....NORM!

After researching a bit, I've found that SQL is supposed to automatically cleanup the Meta Data tables for Merge Replication. From Books online...if the parameter -MetadataRetentionCleanup = 1, which it does, than SQL would automatically clean the tables to only keep 14 days worth of data out there.

My msmerge_genhistory table has over 3 million rows and stuff out there from 4/22/2003...My db's are about 900mb and if I could get rid of some of this data in the genhistory table alone, I could potentially free up 500 mb. My question is, why isn't SQL keeping track of this and what can I do to get rid of some of this data? The PC performance is degrading therefore making the application performance degrade...and when we are doing calcs based on 1 second timers, it screws up the numbers on the screen. I don't know about you, but I've had my fill of machine operators chewing my can because there numbers are skewed. Hence my quandry...so, if anyone has any ideas on why/how I can go about getting this data cleaned up, that would be right up there next to sliced bread.

This is a small emergency...so thank you in advance for your replies...

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy