Analysis Services error "A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running"

Last Post 05 Oct 2007 04:34 AM by jorge_vergara. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jorge_vergara

--
04 Oct 2007 12:41 PM
Hello,

I have a very peculiar situation. I have a SQL Server 2000 with a DTS pckg that processes a Cube on an Analysis Services that is located on the same server.

The users log on to an app machine using a particular domain account that is on the Local Admin Group of the SQL/Analysis Services machine. When they try to execute the DTS that processes the Cube they receive the error:

"A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running"

The interesting thing is that when they log on the app machine with other acounts they can run the DTS pckg and it processes the cube with no errors.

I imagine that there was something done to that account at the domain level that caused AS to loose its mappings. If that is the case, is there a way I can repair it?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jorge.
jorge_vergara

--
05 Oct 2007 04:34 AM
Yes, it is.

Interestingly the new account they are using, the one that is working, is not in the Olap Admin group.

It may sound like a dumb question, but would it help if I removed and re-added the orignal account to the Olap Admin group?
jorge_vergara

--
05 Oct 2007 01:32 PM
How do I check that?
SQLUSA

--
06 Oct 2007 05:33 AM
Use the "Database Roles" tab under the cubes in Analysis Manager.

Kalman Toth, Database Architect
SQL Server 2005 Training - http://www.sqlusa.com
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy