DataReader Source error - cannot change the datatype, precision or scale in the output columns

Last Post 04 Oct 2007 05:20 PM by SQLUSA. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dmusson17

--
03 Oct 2007 01:49 PM
I have a data source that I access via odbc in a DataReader Source component in SSIS. I can access the data fine. However, I am having problems with certain fields that are numeric (specifically home prices ranging from 100,000.00 to 99,999,999.00). In the advanced editor for my data reader source under the input and output properties tab, in data reader output under the external columns and output columns, these fields for some reason default to numeric data types with a precision of 4 and a scale of zero, not large enough to hold the data that is coming in. This causes errors that make the data come in as null (after i specify to ignore the errors).

I can change the precision and scale to 18 and 4 in the external columns, but when I try to change the datatype, precision or scale in the output columns I get the following message:

Property Value is not valid.

The details are:

Error at Import DataReader Source: The data type of output columns on the component "DataReader Source" cannot be changed.

Error at DataReader Source: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC020837D)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.SetOutputColumnDataTypeProperties(Int32 iOutputID, Int32 iOutputColumnID, DataType eDataType, Int32 iLength, Int32 iPrecision, Int32 iScale, Int32 iCodePage)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostSetOutputColumnDataTypeProperties(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Int32 iOutputID, Int32 iOutputColumnID, DataType eDataType, Int32 iLength, Int32 iPrecision, Int32 iScale, Int32 iCodePage)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave
SQLUSA

--
04 Oct 2007 05:20 PM
Probably your best choice is rebuilding the data transfer from scratch to meet your needs.

Kalman Toth, Database Architect
SQL Server 2005 Training - http://www.sqlusa.com
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy