cannot open analysis services server

Last Post 22 Oct 2004 10:11 AM by Cinderella. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cinderella

--
20 Oct 2004 12:15 PM
when I open analysis services and click on the server - i get the message that it's trying to connect then I get the error:

Unable to connect to the registry on the server (servername), or you are not a member of the OLAP Administrator's group on this server.

I can lot into enterprise manger and connect to all the databases.
I checked my login on the windows server and it was disable so I enabled it and then made sure it was part of the OLAP group and it is. And I still can't get in. When going to sQL Server Service Manager I see that the MSSQLServerOLAPService is running.

I even tried to login and logout of the server...that did not work.
Cinderella

--
22 Oct 2004 08:33 AM
Yes I am!??? That's why I'm so confused!!
Cinderella

--
22 Oct 2004 08:51 AM
I have no idea but I did?? I don't know what the SA on the server has changed?? or done....
but I did login using my Id then when I checked it out it said it was disabled so i unchecked the box.
I don't even know how I can uncheck it as I'm only in the OLAP and Users group for Windows??

I guess my only hope is to check with the SA huh?
Cinderella

--
22 Oct 2004 09:36 AM
I stopped and restarted the service and now i'm in! ?? i dontk now what was going on.
And I don't know how the SA has the server set up because how was I able to login if I"m disabled and how was I able to undisable myself plus another user if I am only in the OLAP and USERS group??

OH well.
Cinderella

--
22 Oct 2004 10:11 AM
I'm sorry I meant the Windows System Admin.
I don't have those rights so I don't know how I did that. Anyways I will get with my Windows SA.
Thanks!
PaulCleverly

--
09 Nov 2004 05:51 PM
The only time I have seen that happening is when the server and the client have different service packs applied. Think it may be an issue with MDAC incompatability. Then again, I might be barking up the wrong tree !!
max_bucks

--
30 Nov 2004 03:55 PM
When I first installed SQL Server on my laptop I had the same issue. I did not realize that there was SP3 for both SQL Server AND Analysis Services. Try installing or re-installing SP3 for Analysis Services.

Greg
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy