Report Export Capabilities

Last Post 31 May 2007 11:08 AM by Dan W. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ciocpa

--
28 May 2007 12:59 PM
I'm using SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services. I have several reports that I'm deploying and using within the Goldmine Prospecting Solution. All of the reports that I've deployed so far are ok to be exported. I've been asked to create a new report, but the powers that be prefer for this report to be view only, and not be able to be exported in any way. Is this possible in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services?
Dan W

--
31 May 2007 11:08 AM
I don't know specifically about whether it's possible to disable Reporting Services export feature, but I think you can safely tell them it's impossible to make anything entirely view-only. If you can't easily get the data out as data, users can at least copy the screen, or print to PDF, or try to use an OCR program to convert any sort of output back to pieces of data. If your superiors are after air-tight view-only, it's not going to happen.

If your superiors just want to keep it from being convenient to export the data to Excel and do their own easy number crunching, you'll have to wait for someone else to answer. However, if you don't already know more specifics, I recommend that you find out more about what "they" really want to prevent.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy