Access Connection Issues

Last Post 09 Jul 2004 01:29 AM by DMorley. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DMorley

--
08 Jul 2004 08:00 AM
I have a DTS package that is transforming various data from some Access databases. Up until recently, it has been running on the scheduler with no problems.

Now it is failing from Scheduler with error...

Step failed
Step Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
Step Error Description:Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
Step Error code: 80040E4D
Step Error Help File:
Step Error Help Context ID:5003028

The databases are secured & the security file has been copied locally to the server & this is used to connect to the db's - all user & pwd info is set in the DTS connection design dialog.

I can still log on to the server & manually execute the package with no errors??

I've tried to edit the connection properties in DTS design (again, on the server), sometimes it will prompt me to remap transforms that use the connection but accept the info, other times it will chuck out above error & not let me OK the connection dialog.

The server is the only machine using the mdw file, so it's not a locking issue from other users. Why can I still execute the package manually, but ALWAYS fails from scheudle? Can't figure it out.....

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
DMorley

--
09 Jul 2004 01:29 AM
Turns out one of our Domain controllers was behaving erratically. Even using UNC paths in the DTS package & running the package under a domain account with correct priviliges, SQL Server was not able to establish a connection.

Had to log on to server & reverify all of its connections...! Don't you just love helpful error messages that have nothing to do with the actual error...?!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy