Updateable subscription - odd error message!

Last Post 06 Jul 2004 05:11 AM by DBAddicted. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AlanPeter

--
06 Jul 2004 01:15 AM
Can anyone help with the following problem please:

A have a server set up with a database that is doing transactional replication to another server with queued updates at the subscriber.

When an application writes a record into a table on the subscriber, the record is successfully written, and is fed back to the publication/distribution server also, which is what I'd expect. However, an exception is raised with the following message causing the program to halt (I'm using Delphi and the ADO). I could intercept this and ignore it but I'd like to understand what the problem is:

Message: Updatable subscriptions: The text/ntext/image values inserted at Subscriber will be NULL

There are only 2 memo/text fields in the record and they DO contain data. All other fields are string or number apart from the special field at the end of the table created by the replication process.

thanks
Alan
DBAddicted

--
06 Jul 2004 05:11 AM
Have you checked that the content of your text fields is replicated ? Transactional replication does not support insert/update of text column at subscriber.

See Book On Line:
INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements at the Publisher on text and image columns are supported with no special considerations. However, these columns cannot be updated by Subscribers that use snapshot replication or transactional replication and immediate updating or queued updating subscriptions.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy