3rd party replication

Last Post 19 Jul 2004 09:08 AM by Bell282. 7 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bell12

--
16 Jun 2004 07:10 AM
We currently use transactional replication between two servers - so if one fails - we can switch to the other server. We have been working this way for about a year and no problems. Recently, i read this was not a good practice - I was wondering if anyone could suggest a third party software?

Thanks
talltop

--
18 Jun 2004 11:44 AM
I would also take a look at LEGATO's AAdvanced Continuity for Microsoft SQL Server too.

--------------------------------
Travis Lee Alltop
SQL Server DBA
Bell282

--
30 Jun 2004 05:29 AM
thansk for the suggestions.

I spoke with a XoSoft representative and that is not what we are looking for. He said that the secondary server is read only. So, that will not work.

ALso, Legato's will not work because it lets you mirror data up to about 6 miles.

I have been looking at Double Take - any thoughts on that? I am not totally sure if this is what we are looking for eaither - waiting for them to call me back.

Thanks,
-Bell
Bell282

--
30 Jun 2004 05:59 AM
Only need access to one server at a time - then in the case one primary server goes down - the other one would hopefully automatically take over. Then once we get the server back up - the secondary server would transfer all the updates to the server and we would switch back to the primary server. make sense?
Bell282

--
08 Jul 2004 10:38 AM
I have downloaded XoSoft WanSync and so far i like it.. Very easy to use.. However, i am having one major problem and i was hoping someone could help me out.

When i do the initial sync - all the directories that i choose syncs except the database ones. It says:
Unable to open file d:/Clients/... the pocess cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

No one else is using the file or that server..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Bell

Bell282

--
08 Jul 2004 12:07 PM
What do you mean?

Thanks
Bell282

--
09 Jul 2004 02:23 AM
When i set up the master server - there is an option to auto detect MSSQL files - so i click on that and it locates all the files and i select all of them. Then once i check the rest of the properties. THe when i click on the backup server the sql files directories are already selected for me. So i save it. I download the scenerio into the backup server and i click run and that is when i get the the error.

I also back up other directories (just ones that have documents) and they sync just fine.

Hope this helps.

-Bell
Bell282

--
19 Jul 2004 09:08 AM
I have one final question. Does WanSync HA require the comuters to be on a domain?

Thanks
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy