Removed Builtin/Admin group, RPT SRV fails

Last Post 29 Jul 2004 05:16 AM by xfonhe. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FoFa

--
28 Jul 2004 12:56 PM
We removed the Builtin/Admin group from the Sql2K server. Since this one is running under a local account, we gave NT Authority/System SysAdmin server role, server seems to run fine. How ever when they use reporting services, and it creates a JOB, the job fails with: Unable to perform a SETUSER to the requested username '' because the username is invalid for database 'master'. The step failed. So I gave rptservices ID SysAdmin rights, but no luck there either. The exec step in the job is: exec ReportServer.dbo.AddEvent @EventType='TimedSubscription', @EventData='5613af00-b88d-4fef-b55a-4c80f72561b7' and the job says it is using the rptservices ID. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
xfonhe

--
29 Jul 2004 05:16 AM
All reporting services jobs are run under the context of the SQL Server Agent. Check there.... ensure Server Agent is running and the service has the necessary rights to perform the actions you're attempting.
FoFa

--
29 Jul 2004 06:06 AM
Hummm, this server is using a LOCAL account, so from my reading on the security forum I thought by giving the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account SysAdmin rights that was covered. I don't suppose you have any other thoughts on it?
Thanks
xfonhe

--
29 Jul 2004 07:22 AM
If you're using subscriptions, then you need stored credentials. Verify the SQLaccount you have configured for the stored credentials and data sources has required access to relevant DBs.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy