Grand Total on Matrix Report

Last Post 27 Jul 2004 04:14 AM by spidur1. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
spidur1

--
22 Jul 2004 04:18 AM
Does anyone know how to add totals to a Matrix? I would like to be add grand totals as column on the right and sum the rows on the bottem.
xfonhe

--
26 Jul 2004 10:45 AM
Add a column to the far right of the matrix w/ expression that sums the values you need (example: =SUM(Fields!Quantity.Value* Fields!UnitPrice.Value) ). That will give you a sammarized total /per row. Right-click the Row value you wish to subtotal and select 'Subtotal'. This will automatically create subtotals for you at that grouping level.

Good luck!
spidur1

--
27 Jul 2004 04:14 AM
Thanks, I just have one problem. One of my columns contains an average. What I need to do is create a formula for the total column or row. I need to have the sum(fields!column1) / sum(fields!column2). Does anyone know how to add this in a matrix report?
xfonhe

--
27 Jul 2004 05:11 AM
I ran into a similar situation recently, where the report layout required data values aggregated at multiple levels and with sometimes differing calculations. I used a second matrix w/ a separate data set which summarized the values as needed. In the end, the report had one detail matrix and one summary matrix. Perhaps you can incorporate a second data region (be it matrix or otherwise) to fulfill your requirement(s)?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy