Basic SSIS Package Problem

Last Post 20 Apr 2007 08:49 AM by NYPoke. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NYPoke

--
20 Apr 2007 07:19 AM
As a quick background, we started converting our entire I.S. System this week, to C# & SQL Server. Yesterday, I loaded the Business Intelligence Development Studio. I created a basic Flat File Import, to a SQL Server Table. I never got it execute properly, but SSIS allowed my to Execute the Package (Project?).

When I came in this morning, I launched the Business Intellegence Development Studio & found my work. However, I no longer have the option to "Execute", from the Solution Explorer. When I choose the Debug "Step Into New Instance" or "Start New Instance", I get the following Error Message:

"TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

Open the package to run in SSIS Designer or select the package in Solution Explorer.
You can also configure a project to always execute a particular package:
In Solution Explorer, right-click the package, and then click Set as StartUp Startup Object.
"

I tried the suggestions, but I am not sure of the difference between the SSIS Designer & the Business Intellegence Development Studio.

I looked through the Message Board but did not find any references to this problem. Any help is appreciated.
NYPoke

--
20 Apr 2007 08:49 AM
For anybody that finds this useful, I needed to add the Package to the Solution again. Nothing changed from yesterday, but I must have neglected to save something when I was finished.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy